How to use your Candle

Always burn your candles for at least one hour at a time; this helps to prevent tunnelling. The first time you light your candle, always let the wax melt to the edge of the vessel.

Do not burn your candles for longer than four hours at a time.

Do not burn candles all the way down to the bottom. Stop using the candle when 1cm of wax remains in the bottom. Burning to the bottom may cause the container to break and other damage.

Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.

Always burn candles on a heatproof surface and away from drafts.

Use a candle snuffer, wick dipper (or tweezers will do the job) to extinguish your candle, preventing the wick from moving and wax from spilling. This will also assist in maximising burn times.

Caring for your Candle

Keep the burn pool clean, remove any botanicals that fall near the wick and no half-burnt match sticks.

Keep candles out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources and store them in a cool, dry place.

Rest your candle by allowing to cool and harden before relighting.

Clean candle tops by washing them gently in cool water. Allow to air dry before using again.

Caring for the Wick

Before each use, trim your wick to 5-6mm in length and make sure it’s upright. If your wick is too long, it will create black smoke and wick mushrooming, and the candle will burn too quickly.

Avoid cutting the wick too short as this will cause problems with burning and create the dreaded candle tunnel.

Before relighting your candle, always trim the mushroom or little ball off the top of the wick to keep your candle burning gently.

Cut the wick only when the wax has hardened.

Candle Troubleshooting

If your wax is collecting on one side of the jar, creating an uneven burn, adjust your wick back to the centre or lean it closer to the side that needs more heat.

Cotton wicks will mushroom; this is a natural characteristic of the wick; always remove the mushroom before and during burning if burning for prolonged periods.

If you get any black at the rim of your glass, wipe it away with a damp cloth; this may be a sign that your wick is too long.